Saturday, October 12, 2013

L-arginine AKG


What is AAKG?
Arginine alpha-ketoglutarate (AAKG) is a salt of the amino acid arginine and alpha-ketoglutaric acid. It is marketed as a body building supplement. Nitric oxide supplements usually contain arginine alpha-ketoglutarate, which purportedly increases and maintains a high level of nitric oxide in muscles. In theory, the production of nitric oxide from the supplemental arginine promotes vasodilation (dilation of blood vessels, which in theory may make you look vascular [veiny]), which increases blood flow, oxygen transport, and delivery of nutrients to skeletal muscle during resistance training. This purportedly results in dramatic increases in muscle size and strength.

I've used L-arginine and have good results so I decided to try the other form L-arginine AKG. so far so good. The 1st day of use It gave me really dry mouth. I could drink a ton of water and the dry mouth just wouldn't go away, but after the next few days of use I didn't get the dry mouth so I think it was my body adjusting to the new form. AKG definitely helps with nitric oxide for workouts. Arginine is the main ingredient in most pre workouts, but if you buy it in free form it's WAY cheaper than spending 40 bucks a pop on a pre-workout that is nothing but sugar and caffeine with a few grams of arginine. I notice myself getting stronger and having more endurance during my workouts. Veins are also looking very nice and sharp.


No comments:

Post a Comment